Is your backyard lined with trees and shrubs that make it a perfect and enjoyable oasis? Do tall trees on your property provide shade and add to the overall visual appeal of your home?
On one hand, it’s great to have trees growing on your property as it adds to the comfort and aesthetic of a house but on the other hand, it can also cause a lot of potential issues with your drainage and underground plumbing system. Tree roots growing in sewers and drains is one of the most common issues our Adelaide blocked drain plumbers are called to help with.
How And Why Does It Happen?
Tree roots grow towards nutrients and moisture and underground drainage pipes on your property are the perfect source of water. Tree roots usually grow around the drainage pipes and eventually make their way into them causing blockages, clogs, cracks, and broken pipes that lead to other severe plumbing issues. If a small root enters the pipe it can slowly expand and grow in the pipes through time, eventually causing a partial or full blockage and more damage to the plumbing system. The larger and older the tree, the deeper and complex is its root system that infiltrates pipes and drains on a property. It is advisable to exercise caution when planting trees close to drainage pipes.
6 Signs You Have Tree Roots In Your Drains
Today we are focusing on what signs to look out for if you suspect that you have tree roots in your drainage system. We get blocked drains Adelaide calls from homeowners who have these frequently occuring drain issues:
- Slow drainage: if tree roots grow in a drain its main function of carrying wastewater gets compromised. It would mean that water would flow very slowly causing slow drainage or complete blockage over time. However, a slow drain doesn’t always mean tree root infiltration. Get your local Adelaide plumber to inspect your slow drains and diagnose the actual cause of the problem.
- Gurgling sounds from drains: if you hear gurgling sounds when water goes down your sinks, toilet or shower/bathtub, it could be a tell-tale sign of a clog or blockage in the drains or sewer line. This could be due to tree roots growing in your plumbing system.
- Sewer backups: if tree roots have grown considerably in the drains causing significant obstruction it can cause sewage to back up.
- Puddles of contaminated water in the yard: if tree roots have infiltrated the underground drains that can widen the crack/leak and cause puddles of wastewater to form in your yard.
- Sinkholes in the yard: tree roots invasion in drains and pipes can lead to sinkholes in your yard which can lead to structural damage to your home’s foundation. Underground leaking water caused by cracks and leaks in pipes and drains is one of the most common causes of sinkhole formation on your property.
- Bad odours in the kitchen/laundry/bathroom/toilet: damage to the sewer pipe caused by the growth of tree roots can result in bad odours inside or outside your home.
Fast Removal Of Tree Roots From Adelaide Drains
If any of these signs apply to your situation and you suspect that you are suffering from tree root ingress in your drainage pipes, it’s highly recommended to get the pros as soon as you can.
Adelaide Emergency Plumbing is the trusted plumber providing residential blocked drain services Adelaide wide. Through our years of service, we have dealt with all types of drain issues and can expertly detect, diagnose, remove, and repair the damage caused by tree roots in your plumbing system. Our tree roots removal Adelaide plumbing service is safe, effective, and swift.
Worried about tree roots in your drains? Look no further. Call Adelaide Emergency Plumbing today! Our blocked drain plumber will be able to assess your situation using state-of-the-art technology and the latest plumbing gadgets.