How To Prevent Blocked Drains?
Your household plumbing system is made up of an intricate network of numerous pipes that operate nonstop, all day, every day. Your plumbing system relies heavily on functional piping and without it everything will come to a halt. Even a single burst, blocked, cracked, or leaking pipe can cause great deal of damage and stress. That’s why it is particularly important to do everything right to support the health of your pipes and make sure they last as long as possible. Your trusted plumbing crew at Adelaide Emergency Plumbing has compiled a list of simple tips to help your pipes last longer and prevent blocked drains. Always remember to call our professional Adelaide plumbers for all your necessary pipe repairs and replacements.
6 Tips to Prevent Blocked Drains
- Avoid Chemical Drain Cleaners: As we have discussed this before, we cannot stress enough on this tip for healthy pipes. You may be tempted to purchase a chemical drain cleaner if you are experiencing a drain clog, however, this is the worst thing to do to your pipes. Most drain cleaners contain harsh and toxic chemicals that may prove effective on the clog but can eat away at your pipes over time. For the health of your pipes and your family, avoid using chemical drain cleaners whenever possible. Rather, rely on a blocked drain plumber to get rid of the problem quickly, safely, and completely.
- Monitor Your Water Pressure:Very high-water pressure can cause your pipes to burst and become damaged over time. You can easily avoid unnecessary pipe replacements by checking your water pressure regularly to make sure it’s not too high. If you need any help with the water pressure and adjusting it to the right level, have a professional come out to look at your plumbing system.
- Do Not Flush Non-Flushable Items: Only human waste, toilet paper and occasional cleaning product should be flushed down the toilet. Other things such as cotton balls, sanitary products, latex products, toys, paper, wipes, and diapers should all be thrown in the garbage instead. Flushing these items can cause extensive blockages, lead to back-ups, and in severe cases cause bursting of pipes resulting in expensive repair work and pipe replacements.
- Address Leaks Immediately: Small drips may seem like a common issue does not mean you should ignore it. Besides wasting litres of water every year and making your water bill increase, persistent leaks usually indicate there is damage somewhere in your pipes. Ignoring the leak can be a big mistake as it will get worse with time. Make sure to hire a plumber for leak detection sooner rather than later and maintain healthy pipes that work smoothly.
- Invest in Regular Drain Cleaning: Maintenance cleaning of your pipes and drains once a year can help avoid gunk, debris, foreign material, and grease build-up keeping them in good condition. Clean pipes work more efficiently, and you won’t have to worry about clogs or leaks. A professional blocked drain plumber would be able to pinpoint any other issues before they become too big and cause problems.
- Pay Attention to Slow Drains: Slow drains mean there is a blockage somewhere in your pipelines. If you notice your drains are slow, hire our drain experts at Adelaide Emergency Plumbing, to inspect your lines for you. Our blocked drain plumber will be able to expertly identify any clogs or other problems that could interfere with the health of your pipes.
For Healthy Pipes Call The Experts at Adelaide Emergency Plumbing
Now you’re better aware of the things you need to follow to make your pipes last longer and prevent any future damage. With these tips you’ll be able to increase the lifespan of your pipes and keep your plumbing system healthy avoiding costly repairs. Start protecting your pipes today and get in touch with Adelaide Emergency Plumbing now to schedule service or contact us for more helpful plumbing tips and tricks.
If you are currently experiencing any emergency plumbing issues, contact your local Adelaide Emergency Plumbing team for immediate service.